Card has same features with A4988 Step Motor Driver Board, additionally has two voltage regulators on it. One of these regulator is 5V, the other is 3.3V voltage regulator. Logic signals, which driver needs, can be sent via these regulators.
A4988 Step Motor Driver Board is the most usefull microstep bipolar step motor driver. Driver has current limitation, reverse voltage protection and 5 different microstep reolution features. Operation voltage range is between 8V and 35V. Driver draws current 2A for each bobbin.
You should settle fast diodes to output of the motors for perfection usage and avoid from external factors. Through this, reverse voltage doesn't damage motor. .
- Easy step and direction control interface
- Five different step resolution: Full step, half step, quarter step, eighth step, sixteenth step.
- Configurable current control provides draw more current for.
- Smart switch control choose direct current slowdown mode automatically(Fast slowdown and slow slowdown).
- Thermal shutdown at high temperature, reverse voltage protection, high current protection is available.
- Reverse voltage protection is available.
Driver needs logic voltage source(3-5.5V) ,which is connected to VDD and GND pins, and motor power source(8-35V)which is connected to VMOT and GND. Decoupling capacitors of these sources must be compatible with board and these sources must be proper for expected currents (up to 4A for power source).